Monday, May 4, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning

A few years ago I forgot to buy a taco seasoning packet and decided that I could probably make my own. I looked it up online and found a few recipes, but this one was one I had all the ingredients on hand. We loved it so much, I've never bought a packet of taco seasoning again. I've had many people comment about how good the seasoning is in my taco meat and how they think this is a great idea because many of the taco seasoning packets are pumped full of salt and not a lot of other spices.

Ingredients

1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sugar (leave out for low-carb/Keto)
1/2 tsp saltIf you are making tacos, add this to a pound of ground meat (already browned) plus 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. From my mom, "I need to copy this to keep on hand. I think this is the best!"

    ReplyDelete