Monday, May 14, 2012

Low fat baked Ziti with Spinach

I got this off of the Skinny Taste blog.  It is absolutely delicious!  I served it on a Sunday afternoon to my family and my in laws, and we loved it.  I will definitely be making it again.

Ingredients
1 lb high fiber ziti, penne, or bow tie (I used Barilla whole grain penne and bow tie) (for Gluten Free - use brown rice pasta and cook 5 minutes less than directions say)
28oz crushed tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
10oz fresh spinach, chopped (she used frozen, I prefer fresh)
1 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or I used 2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
8oz low fat cottage cheese (or ricotta)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 pan.  In a large pot of salted water, cook your pasta until al dente, drain, and return to pot.  Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan, add olive oil and saute garlic and spinach.  Add salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, oregano, and basil.  Add sauce to the pasta and combine.  Add half the mozzarella, cottage cheese, and parmesan.  Mix well and add to 9x13.  Spread pasta evenly and then top with other half of mozzarella cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes.  This is a great dish to prepare ahead of time and refrigerate.  Either let come to room temp for 30 minutes before baking or just bake for additional 10-15 minutes.

WW points: 1/8th of the casserole = 6 points or 9 points+ or 332 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment