Monday, June 17, 2019

Green Chile Casserole (Keto)

I found this Green Chile Casserole and modified it (of course).  It was a winner around here, and I will be making it again.  The original recipe called to put it in a 7x11 pan, so I doubled most of the ingredients.  The container of cottage cheese was 24oz so I added 1 cup of sour cream instead of 32oz of cottage cheese.  Nobody in my family likes cottage cheese alone except for me unless it's in a lasagna or dish like this so if you're not a cottage cheese lover, don't write this one off yet.  Leftover chicken works great for this.

Ingredients
3 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
9 Tbsp taco seasoning or 3 packages (I used my homemade)
1 1/2 cups green salsa (chunky preferably)
7oz can green chilies, drained
24oz cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
8oz shredded Mexican blend cheese
green onions, optional

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine chicken, taco seasoning, salsa, green chilies, cottage cheese, and sour cream together until well mixed.  Pour into a sprayed 9x13 casserole dish.  Top with shredded cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.  Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving with sour cream and green onions if you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment