Monday, June 17, 2019

Taco Pie (Keto)


This is not my recipe, but it is worth reposting.  This Taco Pie is delicious and easy!  My whole family enjoyed it, and I've already made it 3 times.  It's super easy.  On the website, it says 1 cup heavy cream, but she has a video and in the comments below she says to use 1/2 cup heavy cream.  When I made this for my entire family, I doubled it and put it in a 9x13 pan and have to bake it for 45 minutes.

Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey or beef (I used turkey)
3 Tbsp taco seasoning (I use my homemade)
6 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup Mexican blend cheese (or you can use cheddar or another blend if you want)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brown ground meat and drain.  Mix in taco seasoning and spread evenly but loosely in the bottom of a sprayed pie plate.  Mix together eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper and pour over top of meat.  Sprinkle cheese evenly over egg and meat mixture.  Bake 30-35 minutes until golden and puffed.  Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.  Top with sour cream, salsa, olives, avocado, or whatever toppings you would like.



No comments:

Post a Comment