Thursday, May 31, 2012

100% Whole Wheat Rolls

I have been trying to find a good whole wheat roll recipe.  Most of the recipes I find have white flour in them, but this one is 100% whole wheat, and I really liked it.  I changed a couple of things, but not a whole lot.  I did find I had to let mine rise for quite a while, so I might need to add a little more yeast next time, or I just have to start them early enough.  I made this using my breadmaker on dough cycle, but if you don't have a bread machine, dissolve the yeast in warm milk or water first and then add your other ingredients.  Stir very well and kneed.  Then let sit for about an hour before making into rolls.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups milk (or water)
1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 Tbsp nonfat dry milk
2 Tbsp sugar or honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Directions
Combine all ingredients in your breadmaker.  Set on dough cycle.  Roll into 16 rolls on a cookie sheet.  Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment