Thursday, May 31, 2012

Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake

I love zucchini!!!  It is one of my favorite vegetables.  Unfortunately no one else in my family seems to share my passion.  :-(  Then again, more for me!  My husband will eat it if I cook it right.  He prefers it grilled, and I like it anyway.  I made this and my husband actually said it was good.  :-)  I loved it!  The original recipe called for using yellow squash and zucchini, but I chose to do all zucchini.  Did I mention I love zucchini?  :-)

Ingredients
4 medium size zucchinis, cut into half moon slices (or half yellow squash, half zucchini)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions
1/2 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup reduced fat white shredded cheese (I chose the Italian blend), divided
1/3 cup finely grated Parmsan cheese (if you use the freshly grated, use 1/2 cup)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 8x8 baking dish.  Combine zucchini, basil, onions, thyme, garlic powder, 1/2 cup white shredded cheese, and Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.  Mix everything well and add to casserole dish.  Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.  Take casserole out and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded white cheese.  Continue baking 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment