Thursday, March 7, 2013

Savory White Chicken Chili

I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. This one everyone loved, and I will definitely be making this again! I did serve it over pasta and top it with cheese (how I like my chili). I doubled the recipe because we were having my in-laws over for lunch, but I only used 1 large red bell pepper. I also couldn't find fresh cilantro, but I had some in a squeeze tube, so I used that instead but used less because I think it's more concentrated. Oh yes, it also calls to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream, but I like sour cream and had it on hand. It was not too spicy but if you really don't like hot, leave out the cayenne pepper.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1 lb chicken breasts, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped (I used yellow)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 - 1 red bell pepper
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 cans cannellini beans, drained
1 (4.5oz) can chopped green chiles
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup (6oz) sour cream

Directions
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic, and onion and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro and sour cream. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and sour cream.

Crockpot: Add all ingredients to your crockpot except cilantro and sour cream.  Stir and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.  Turn off crockpot and stir in sour cream and cilantro before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment