Monday, November 21, 2011

Death by Chocolate

I made this the other day for an event at our new church plant. It was completely demolished and rant and raved over. I found the original recipe on allrecipes, but of course, you know me, I modified it. :-) I modified it according to what I had on hand. The recipe called for toffee bars, but I had Hershey's on hand. You could use Snickers, Reeces cups, or another chocolate candy bar you might like. I had to use my large bunch bowl because I don't have a trifle, but if you don't have a large enough serving bowl, just use 2. :-)

Ingredients
1 package chocolate cake mix
eggs & oil (according to the cake package directions) (if you need egg free, use my recipe for diet soda cake)
3.9oz package instant chocolate pudding
1 2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
12 oz container whipped topping, thawed
6 chocolate Hershey bars, frozen and broken into small pieces
Directions
Make chocolate cake according to package, let cool and then crumble. While cake is baking, make pudding with 1 2/3 cup milk and refrigerate. Make coffee and refrigerate. Once everything is cool, crumble 1/2 of the chocolate cake into trifle or punch bowl. Drizzle half the coffee over the cake. Spread half the pudding over that and then half the whipped topping over that. Sprinkle half the candy bars on top. Repeat all the layers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment