Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pea & Asparagus Casserole



This is another family favorite at group gatherings! I am not a big asparagus or pea person, but I love this casserole. It's a family favorite on all sides of my family. I should have taken a picture with some of it dished out, but I started eating and forgot. :-)

Ingredients
-15oz can peas, drained
-16oz can asparagus, drained
-1 tsp celery salt (optional, I never have this, so I skip it)
-1 cup grated cheddar cheese
-1 can cream of chicken soup (or use cream of mushroom for vegetarian)
-1/4 cup milk
-6 Ritz crackers or saltines, crushed
-paprikaDirections
Layer asparagus in bottom of sprayed, small casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Cover with peas. Sprinkle celery salt on (optional). In separate bowl, whisk together soup with milk and then pour over peas. Sprinkle remaining cheese over soup. Spread crackers on top and lightly sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment