Sunday, November 20, 2011

Avocado Milkshake

My friend Danila, who is from Brazil, introduced me to this drink, and it is highly addictive. Apparently this is how they drink it in Brazil, and it's also how the Filipinos drink it as well. I thought it sounded very odd when she told me about it, but I knew avocados are so healthy for you, so I wanted to try it. It was delicious! You may have to play around with the amounts according to your taste. She and I don't really measure so much, and avocados are different sizes. She uses the large pear shaped smooth green avocados, but you could use any kind of avocado according to your tastes.

Ingredients
1/2 medium or large avocado or 1 small avocado
3-4 Tbsp sugar (or you could use splenda or agave)
1 cup milk (I use 1%)
3 pieces of ice

Directions
Scrape out insides of avocado into blender. Discard skin and seed. If you are using only half, leave the other half in the skin and put into a ziplock bag in the fridge. Add sugar, milk, and ice to the blender. Blend on high until well blended. Modify according to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment