Sunday, November 20, 2011

Danila's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread



My friend Danila makes this wonderfully delicious banana bread with chocolate chips. I made it because I wanted something sweet to have on hand that was somewhat healthy for me. She replaces most of the oil with applesauce, and she also made it for me with the brown sugar splenda blend, but I ended up making it with regular sugar. Next time I might try using half splenda and half brown sugar since I don't have the brown sugar splenda blend. Either way, it is super yummy! If you don't have a bundt pan, use a regular loaf pan and you probably have to increase your bake time. You could also leave out the chocolate chips if you prefer and add nuts or don't, but either way, it's delicious banana bread. Thanks for the recipe, Danila!


Ingredients

3-4 ripe bananas

1 cup sugar or 1/2 c Brown sugar blend Splenda

1 2/3 cup all purpose flour

1/3 cup Quick Oats

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup apple sauce

2 tbsp canola oil

2 eggs

1 tsp vanila extract

1 cup or 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup) (leave out for dairy free)


Directions

Mash the bananas with the sugar, add to the wetstuff, then add to the dry stuff, mix just until batter comes together. Do not mix smooth. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment