Sunday, November 20, 2011

Amish White Bread

We absolutely LOVE my ricotta rolls, and so does everyone else I've ever made them for, but I don't always have ricotta on hand, so I wanted to try to find another yummy recipe, and I found this one, and it certainly comes in a very close second to my ricotta rolls. These are so soft and sweet and delicious! The first time I made them (because I've made them a few times since), all I did was literally stand there and butter them and hand them out and my family ate every single one straight from the pan. :-) I got the recipe from allrecipes originally.

Ingredients
1 cup hot water
1/3 cup sugar
1 packet of active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
3/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp canola/coconut/Olive oil
3- 3 1/2 cups bread flour

Directions
Put all ingredients, ending with water, in stand mixer. Turn mixer on low until blended and then alternate between high and medium until it forms a smooth ball of dough. Divide dough up, roll into balls and flatten some, and place onto a cookie sheet. Makes about 14-16 rolls. Keep about 1-2 inches apart, so they have room to rise. Cover with clean, dry towel, and allow to sit for 1-2 hours to rise. Bake at 350 degrees 13-15 minutes or just until lightly browned on top. You can also make these in your bread maker by making the dough in the bread maker and then rolling into balls.

Nutrition: (if you make 15 rolls) Calories: 120, fat 1.9g, carbs: 21.9g, protein: 3.2g, fiber: .8g

No comments:

Post a Comment