Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I LOVE oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! I actually have another recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies which I've now renamed Oatmeal Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I'm pretty sure I like these even better! These are super soft and oh so delicious!!! You could use raisins in them instead, but I absolute love chocolate chips in oatmeal cookies. I got the recipe off the back of the Walmart Great Value oatmeal container and then I modified it a little bit, using butter/margarine instead of shortening. The first time I made these (pictured) I used 1 cup chocolate chips, but the second time I made them, I used a whole bag. Oh, you have to try these! Seriously, run out and make them right now! :-)

Ingredients
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 cup - 1 bag chocolate chips

Directions
Cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Drop onto cookie sheet (I like to use a small ice cream scoop) and bake 9-10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes about 3 dozen cookies or so, I can't remember for sure. I don't remember how many it made, just that I kept eating them. :-)

Weight Watcher friendly: use light butter (1 pt per Tbsp), splenda instead of white sugar, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. If you make at least 38 cookies (good size cookies, I use a medium ice cream scoop), they come out to be only 2 points each! :-)

1 comment:

  1. From Alexis: "I made your spicy beans and turkey for dinner tonight, Delish!! And for dessert the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, yum!!"

    ReplyDelete