Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nana's Poppy Seed Dressing

This a sweet poppy seed dressing that my Nana makes. It is absolutely delicious! I love this especially on my Summer Salad or really on any salad. :-) My husband, who never ate dressing previously, only likes this dressing. The garlic juice can be difficult to find sometimes, but I have found it in Publix, or sometimes I buy big jars of the minced garlic, and I will drain the juice out of that.

Ingredients
2/3 cup sugar (I have made this with splenda before as well for sugar-free)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup red cider vinegar (you can replace with apple cider vinegar)
3/4 cup canola oil *See bottom for low fat version
1 1/2 Tbsp onion or garlic juice (I always use garlic)
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Store in a jar in the fridge.  Makes about 2 cups of dressing.

*Low fat version: Instead of 3/4 cup of oil, use 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and only 2 Tbsp of oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment