Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Salad

I am in love with this salad. I've made it 3 times recently for company and received many compliments, and I can't get enough of it. I got the basic idea from my Mom, but then I changed gorgonzola cheese for feta. Gorgonzola has a stronger flavor to it, and I found it harder to find in the grocery as well. I topped this with my Nana's poppy seed dressing, but some of my friends ate it without any dressing and enjoyed it that way too. Feel free to modify the amounts according to your tastes, and this easily doubles for a larger group.

Ingredients
1 bag of chopped romaine lettuce (6 cups, I believe)
6-7 medium sized strawberries or more, sliced
1/2 -11oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1oz chopped pecans (leave out for nut free)
3oz or half container of reduced fat crumbled feta cheese (leave out for dairy free)

Directions
Mix all ingredients gently together and top with favorite dressing if you desire. I recommend my Nana's poppy seed dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment