Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baked Salmon

I got the idea for this recipe from allrecipes.com because it got a 5 star rating. I did of course modify it and I baked it instead of grilling it like the recipe called for. Ok, I do NOT like fish! But I am really into trying to eat healthy (I don't always, but I am very into nutrition) and I know salmon is super healthy for you. I honestly don't ever remember eating salmon prior to this, and I heard that some people who don't like fish, even though salmon is very fishy, like salmon. I made myself try it for health benefits, and I like it!!! I wouldn't eat it every week, but I definitely liked it. The best part was my whole family liked it! Craig, my 6 year old, kept saying, "I LOVE fish!!!" and he kept asking for more. I did find out that I have to look for this when it goes on sale. This marinade is very similar to a teriaki and very yummy! I ended up dishing some out into a small dish and dipping my fish in it.

Ingredients

1-2 lbs salmon fish fillets (I bought coho salmon)

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/3 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup brown sugar, packed

1 Tbsp canola or olive oil

Directions

Combine all the ingredients, adding the salmon last, in a ziplock bag and seal tightly. Move bag around to mix ingredients around fish. Refridgerate overnight or at least 4 hours. In a 2 quart baking dish, place your fish and pour all your marinade into a large piece of foil. Wrap the foil around the fish and marinade. The dish is just so that if some of your marinade leaks out. The fish is completely encased in the foil. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Discard the marinade or serve it on the side with the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment