Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chocolate Chip Scones




-->


My friend Tiffany J sent this to me. I made them last night, and they were very yummy! :-) For those who don't know what a scone is, it's a British version of a biscuit, and it's more dense than a biscuit. This is like a dessert version of them. Yummy! I think you traditionally put raisins in them, so you could substitute raisins if you like. Thanks for the recipe, Tiffany!

Ingredients

1 3/4 c all purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c sweet cream butter (the recipe didn't call for softening this, but you really should)
2 eggs, beaten & divided
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you could use raisins or craisins instead)
4-6 tbsp half and halfHeat oven to 400. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. Stir in 1 egg, chocolate chips and just enough half and half so dough leaves side of bowl. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 10 times. roll into a 1/2" thick circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Placed on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with 2nd beaten egg. Bake for 10 to 12 min or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve with butter. Can be stored in freezer for up to 4 months. Yield: 12 scones.

I am counting weight watcher points, so I will try my best to add the weight watcher points to some of my recipes for those who are counting too. :-)
Weight Watcher Points: 3.5 points per scone

No comments:

Post a Comment