Monday, June 8, 2009

Baked Beans

I made these while I was up at my sister's house. They are my Nana's recipe, and so yummy! I'm not even a big fan of regular baked beans, but these are amazing! I did use a smaller can of baked beans than the recipe calls for, and I think I like them better with the larger can, so keep in mind the ones in the pictures are meatier than the regular recipe.

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef or turkey
3 lb can baked beans (smaller can was used this time & pictured)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 large onion, chopped (or 2 Tbsp dried minced onion)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (my sister didn't have any, so I just left it out this time)
1 Tbsp browning and seasoning sauce (optional)
1/4 tsp garlic powderDirections
Brown ground meat, drain, and mix in remaining ingredients. Pour into 9x13 casserole (or one that will hold everything), cover and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Or.... on July 4th, 2009 I made these and did them in the crockpot. Brown your meat first, drain, and add to your crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients. Cook in your crockpot 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment