Monday, June 22, 2009

Santa Fe Soup

I got this recipe from my Nana, and it's so yummy! This will definitely feed a large group or your family 2 or 3 times. It's well worth it and very inexpensive. It's delicious served with cornbread. It freezes very well too and you can do it via your crockpot or on the stove.

Ingredients
-2 pounds ground meat (chuck is what my Nana uses, but I used turkey or leave out for a vegetarian option)
-1 large onion, chopped (or I used 2 Tbsp dried minced onion)
-1 large can diced tomatoes (or 2 regular size cans)
-1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Rotel)
-3 (11oz each) cans white shoe peg corn (or 2 regular size cans corn - I didn't realize I didn't need the 3rd can until after I took the picture and started putting it together, so ignore the 3rd can of corn pictured)
-1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
-1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
-1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
-1 can navy beans, drained & rinsed
-2 packages of taco seasoning or double my homemade taco seasoning recipe
-1 package of ranch seasoning (leave for dairy free, watch for other allergens)
-4-5 cups waterDirections
Brown your ground meat and onion and drain. Add all ingredients to a very large pot and simmer on the stovetop for 2 hours. OR.... add all ingredients in your crockpot and cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours.

Makes about 17-18 cups of soup.

200 calories per cup (with lean ground turkey and dried minced onion)

If you like this recipe, you should try Taco Mac or Original Taco Soup Crockpot Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment