- nonstick cooking spray
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup enchilada sauce (watch for gluten/wheat free brands)
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced (optional, I omitted these b/c I don't care for mushrooms)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 10oz package of yellow rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, green chilies, chili powder, enchilada sauce, button mushrooms, and heavy cream in a large bowl. Arrange chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish; pour sauce over.
- Bake in preheated oven until the juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
- (Optional step) While chicken is cooking, make yellow rice according to package directions. Then once your chicken is done, cut into bite size pieces and mix the rice into your chicken and sauce.
Calories: With yellow rice, 750 calories for 1/4 of the dish. Or 510 calories without the rice (I used 19oz of chicken, uncooked, so you have to adjust the calories if you use a different amount, obviously)