Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I love this soup! It's only 1 point per cup for Weight Watchers and 110 calories per cup. This helps me so much on my diet, and I eat it almost every day for lunch and don't get sick of it. I also love how I get more green veggies in my diet, something I struggle to do more of. It is a bit spicy, and even with the mild can of diced tomatoes with chilies, it still has a bite to it, but if you don't mind a bit of a kick to your food, it's delicious! Oh yes, I did find this online, so I can't take credit for it being my own recipe, but I still wanted to share.

Ingredients
-3 cans of chicken broth (or 6 cups)
-10oz reduced fat 2% milk Velvetta cheese
-2 - 1lb bags of frozen broccoli (I highly recommend using florets)
-1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (usually I use the smaller size can, but they had this larger can at Aldi and it turned out fine either way)Directions
Mix chicken broth, broccoli, and can of tomatoes and chilies together in a large pot. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 25 minutes. Cube cheese and mix into soup. Simmer just until the cheese is melted. This soup stays in the fridge or freezer well.

Weight watchers/Calories: 1 point or 110 calories per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment