Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creamy Lemonade Pie


Ok, so originally the recipe is called Frozen Lemonade Pie, but I picture a icy lemon pie, but this is creamy and delicious. It reminds me of a key lime pie consistency. It's so simple with only 4 ingredients and no baking, and I really like it a lot! My sister made it when I was up visiting her recently, and she got the recipe from my mom. I had to make this once I got home because I liked it so much! I could not find a 6oz container of lemonade, so I took my sister's idea and just used the 12oz can and doubled it all and made 2 pies. Trust me, it will get eaten. :-) Also, my sister used the regular yellow lemonade, and I could only find pink at the store. Surprisingly it didn't seem to change the color at all, and even though I prefer the yellow lemonade, the pink worked out fine too. I could barely tell a difference, and I probably couldn't tell it at all if I wasn't the one who put it together. Another great idea is to make this with limeade instead of lemonade just for a different twist.

Ingredients1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted (or try limeade for a different twist)
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

Directions

Fold sweetened condensed milk and lemonade/limeade concentrate into the whipped topping; spoon into crust. Freeze until firm. Store covered in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment