Friday, May 18, 2012

Cilantro Thai Chicken

I made this chicken recently and on the side, I made Summer Garden Pasta, and it was delicious paired together.  I did change the original recipe a little by using olive oil instead of sesame oil, and I baked the chicken instead of grilling it.  I know grilling it would have been super yummy too, but we don't have a grill, so I chose to bake it. 

Ingredients
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp soy sauce (or Asian fish sauce)
1 Tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
1 lb chicken breasts

Directions
Place garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, and oil in food processor and process until smooth.  Pour marinade over chicken and let flavors sink in for 15 minutes in the refrigerator (I actually totally skipped this step since I was baking it).  Prepare your grill or heat oven to 350 degrees.  Layer chicken in sprayed 9x13 if baking.  Bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  Or if you are grilling, cook until temperature registers 165F or is cooked all the way through.  Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment