Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Easy Cheesy Tortellini

Made this last night and it was delicious and a big hit in our house.  Tortellini is one my favorite pastas.  Cheese filled little pastas, 2 of my favorite foods combined.  :-)  I made this similar to my two timin pasta since that is such a big hit in my house.  I found the original recipe, which I modifed, on allrecipes.com.  I will definitely be making this again.  It's so easy.  I did lighten it up since I'm on a diet by using 1/2 the amount of mozzarella it called for and light alfredo.

Ingredients
2 - 19oz frozen packages of tortellini
24oz Spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu traditional)
1 jar light afredo sauce (I used Classico), watch for egg-free if needed
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
4oz Mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Boil your tortellini until they all float to the top (which I found is a lot longer than the package says), drain and return to pot.  Add all ingredients together to the tortellini and mix well.  Pour into sprayed 9x13 dish and bake 20-30 minutes.

Weight Watcher Points: depending on your sauce, 1/12 of the pan is 6 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment