Thursday, April 25, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti

I have started looking at recipes on the Crockin Girls Website.  This is the first one I made off of their website, and if you go to the link, you can see a video of them making this.  I did lighten it up some and used whole grain pasta (as well as some brown rice pasta I had on hand... hence the different looking noodles).  This was very yummy and made a LOT.  I did accidentally grab a can of cream of mushroom instead of cream of celery.  If you want to half the recipe, I would just use one can of cream of something soup and omit the other.  The recipe makes this a freezer meal, but I made it right away.

Ingredients
1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cubed (could leave out and make vegetarian) 
1 bell pepper, chopped                        
1 onion, chopped
2 pounds 2% Velveeta, cubed
1 1/2 cups light sour cream
1 can cream of chicken (I used reduced fat - watch for allergens, can make your own)
1 can cream of celery or cream of mushroom (I used reduced fat - watch for allergens, can make your own)                    
1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%) 
1-2 cloves garlic, minced                      
salt and pepper to taste
32oz noodles of your choice

Directions
Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a bowl.
EITHER: put into a gallon freezer bag and freeze for later.
OR: Dump everything into crockpot.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Cook noodles according to package directions and add to cheese sauce and mix well.  It will thicken as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment