Saturday, April 25, 2009

Peanut Butter Pie


This is my mom's recipe, and one of my absolute favorite desserts! If you like peanut butter and chocolate, I think you will love this pie! It's amazingly wonderful!

1 graham cracker crust (regular or chocolate)
1 pkg. 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup cream peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened (I use light)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1 cup chocolate chips, dividedIn a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in your whipped whipping cream and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Gently pour and smooth into your crust. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4-6 hours.

WW points: this is definitely NOT a diet friendly dessert at all, but I have figured out the points, so I wanted to post them. 15 points per 1/8th of the pie. You obviously could cut the pieces smaller if you want for less points. It's very rich. If you leave out the chocolate, they are 13 points for 1/8th of the pie. I also figured out 736 calories for 1/8th of the pie with chocolate. 596 calories without chocolate. You could reduce the calories by choosing more reduced fat ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment