Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crustless Green Chile Spinach Quiche

This is pretty much a gluten/wheat free version of my Green Chile Spinach Quiche which I absolutely love!  I wasn't sure how this would turn out since I love the crust so much in quiche, but this turned out really delicious!  This is also a great low carb option.  This makes 2 pies, but I couldn't find one of my pie plates, so I used 2 2-quart glass bowls.  I also only used 1 Tbsp of butter and I didn't miss the extra butter at all.

Ingredients
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
12 eggs
8oz Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (I like to use reduced fat if I can)
2 cups 2% low fat cottage cheese
10oz fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen, thaw and drain)
7oz can chopped green chilies
1 Tbsp butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter in a large skillet and sautee spinach until wilted.  Set aside.  Beat eggs in a large bowl until smooth.  Slowly add salt and baking powder and mix until no lumps remain.  Stir in shredded cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, and green chilies until blended.  Divide between 2 sprayed pie plates or 2-quart dishes.  Bake 35-40 minutes until the quiches are lightly browned and the center comes out clean when you insert a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment