Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I got this recipe off of skinnytaste, a weight watcher friendly blog that I enjoy.  I'm looking through the recipe now and realizing I didn't even make the spicy hoisin sauce to go with it.  Next time I want to try that since I forgot!  These turned out really yummy.  My kids didn't care for them on lettuce, so they instead ate them on soft taco shells.  I changed a few things, so you can click on the link above if you want to see the original recipe. I doubled this recipe for my family of 6, so cut it in half if only serving like 2 or 3 people.

Ingredients
1 lb ground chicken breast
1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 Tbsp soy sauce (La Choy brand is gluten free), divided
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
lettuce leaves to serve in, iceburg or I used romaine for more nutritional value

Directions
Heat 2 tsp sesame oil in large skillet on med-high heat and brown chicken and garlic.  Combine soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and sugar in a bowl.  Add water chestnuts, green onions, and sauce to chicken and blend well and heat through about 1-2 minutes.  Spoon into lettuce leaves and enjoy!

I'm not positive on the Weight Watcher Points since I changed it up a bit, but I think it would be comprable.  She says each lettuce wrap with 1/4 cup of the mixture is only 2 points or 3 points plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment