Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

I got the original recipe off skinnytaste, but I did modify it some.  I think it's an obsession.  I can't leave a recipe alone.  Maybe I feel I have to make it my own.  Either way, I had this on a Sunday afternoon for lunch, and it was yummy.  Put it all in the crockpot before church and it was done when we got home.  I love crockpot meals on Sunday.  I had my in laws over, and we all enjoyed it.  I did use chicken breasts instead of thighs since I don't like dark meat.  She suggests skin removed and bone in, but I didn't feel like going through the whole removing skin, and I couldn't find any breasts with bone in, skin removed.

Ingredients
2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
26oz jar traditional spaghetti sauce, watch for allergens
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese to put on top, optional

Directions
Dump everything into the crockpot, give a quick stir, and set on low for 8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.  Remove lid for last hour and keep on high.  Remove bay leaf and serve over pasta or rice and top with parmesan cheese if desired.  She includes another method that requires browning the chicken beforehand, so go to the link above if you want to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment