Monday, November 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

I made this for a church picnic and everyone loved it!  It is rich and delicious!  I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate!  That is quite an understatement actually!  I love this and you should try it too!  Really!  Go!  Go make it right now and eat it!  Ok, so you might want to invite quite a few friends over to enjoy it too since it makes a huge dessert.  :-)  Oh, I found the recipe online, so you know it's not originally my recipe.  The only thing I did different was I cut down on the peanut butter cups and only used a 20oz package (or something like that, I can't remember now), and then I had a few extra of the regular size ones so I put those on top.  This is a great one to prepare ahead of time and stick in your fridge overnight.

Ingredients
1 fudge brownie mix (13"x9" size)
10oz pacakge peanut butter chips
20-26oz miniature peanut butter cups, refrigerate to make easier to cut in half
4 cups cold milk (I used 1%)
2 (5.1oz packages) (or 3- 3.4oz packages) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tsp vanilla extract
24oz frozen whipped topping, thawed (I used fat free)
You will also need a trifle or large punch bowl.

Directions
Do ahead of time directions.
Make brownie batter according to package directions and stir in peanut butter chips.  Bake according to package directions and allow to cool completely.

Cut all miniature peanut butter cups in half.

In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.  Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.  Fold in half of the whipped topping.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

Directions once brownies have cooled completely.
Cut brownies into 3/4" pieces or break apart with fingers.  Place 1/3 of the brownies in bottom of trifle bowl (or if your punch bowl is like mine, you will want to use less than 1/3 and gradually increase as you go up since the top is much larger than the bottom.  Basically you want as evenly thick layers throughout the dessert).  Top with 1/4 of the peanut butter cups.  Spoon 1/3 of the pudding mix over top.  Repeat layers twice.  Cover with remaining whipped topping and garnish with remaining 1/4 of the peanut butter cups.  Cover and refrigerate until chilled.  Makes about 20 cups.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment