Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Homemade Playdough

I found this recipe for homemade playdough on a website, and it really does have the consistency of real playdough. There were quite a few, but I liked this one b/c I had the ingredients on hand, and it's allergen free for Daniel. I made it for the kids in nursery at church, and they had a lot of fun playing with it, and I didn't have to worry if the little ones ate it. I know this isn't something you can eat... well you can, but trust me, I tasted it, and you don't want to eat it. But I thought it would be fun to post it on here. :-)

Ingredients
-1 cup flour, plus a little for kneading
-1 cup water
-1/4 cup salt
-2 Tbsp cream of tartar
-1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
-2 tsp food coloring (optional)Directions
In a medium sized pot, mix the flour, salt, & cream of tartar. Add the water, oil, & food coloring. Stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minute (stir constantly, do not leave this). Once the dough forms a ball (and it will be a whole ball, taking up everything in the pot), remove from heat. Allow to cool. This takes a little while... maybe 30-60 minutes. Knead on a floured surface several times. Store in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag and place in fridge until needed. This has a high salt content, so keep away from pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment