Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

I got this recipe from the crockpot lady, and then I added some brown sugar and ginger to it. I made it the first time like she suggested, and then I made it with the brown sugar and ginger and I liked it even better! This does have a kick to it with the red pepper flakes, but even my 2 & 5 year olds gobbled the chicken up and requested 2nds and 3rds. So yummy!!!

Ingredients
-1-2 pounds chicken (I used breasts)
-20oz can pineapple chunks, drained
-1/4 cup soy sauce (watch for gluten/wheat free brands)
-1 tsp red pepper flakes
-1/4 cup brown sugar (reduce or leave out to be even more heart healthy)
-ground ginger, a few sprinklesDirections
Put your chicken in your crock pot and cover with remaining ingredients. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours. This totally depends on how big your chicken pieces are and if they are frozen or not. Frozen tenderloins take 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low while large frozen chicken breasts take 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Once, it's done cooking, I took my fork and roughly shredded up the chicken so it would absorb more of the sauce, and then I took a ladle and served it over white rice.

1 comment: