Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sour Cream Biscuits

These biscuits are amazing! If you don't like sour cream, don't worry b/c you don't even know it's in there. They are so yummy!!! My mom gave me the original recipe, and I make them a little different than the books says, not in ingredients but in directions. I LOVE these!!!

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour (plus some for kneading)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sour cream (I used light the other day and couldn't tell the difference)Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt into medium bowl.
3. Cut in shortening (I use a fork) until mixture is crumbly.
4. Add sour cream and stir until moistened.
5. Turn out dough onto well floured surface. Knead just until all is blended and not sticky.
6. Press dough down with hands to form a circle about 3/4" thick.
7. Take butter knife and cut into fairly even 2" pieces or so (doesn't have to be exact). This is where I mostly differ b/c they suggest using a biscuit cutter, but I find this is way easier. Makes about 16 small biscuits. If you use the biscuit cutter, it says it only makes 8, 2 1/2" biscuits.
8. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until just golden brown. Serve with butter or margarine!

No comments:

Post a Comment