Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Asian Pork Chops

Ok, it's a first!  It's my first pork recipe!  :-)  We live off of chicken breasts and ground turkey around here.  Why?  Because that's what I like.  My husband teases, but he really enjoys my cooking so he doesn't complain or mind... except every once in a while he drools and says he would like a steak.  :-)  Well, I was given some pork, and my husband has been out of job for over 8 weeks now, I am cooking whatever I am given.  Please keep us in your prayers as my husband continues to try to find a good paying job.  So.... I got these pork chops and was trying to find a recipe to make them.  I found a delicious sounding recipe for pork tenderloin on allrecipes, and I modified it just a little.  My in laws came over for lunch on Sunday, and it the chops were very tasty.  This marinade would probably be delicious on chicken as well or on any pork pieces you have.... chops, tenderloin, roast, ribs.... we served it with rice and poured some of the excess sauce over our rice with it.

Ingredients
1/3 cup soy sauce (watch for wheat if needed)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup packed light brown sugar
3 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sweet chilli sauce (I used Mae Ploy brand)
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 lbs pork chops

Directions
Pour all ingredients for marinade (not the pork chops) in a medium size bowl and whisk together.  Put chops in a shallow dish (I used a 9x13) in a single layer and pour marinade over top, turning chops to coat well.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.  The next morning, put chops into crockpot and pour all of the marinade over the chops.  Turn crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment