Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Keto Chicken Enchiladas



Enchiladas are a favorite in my household.  I finally decided to try them recently and make them Keto friendly for me by using chicken lunch meat as the tortillas.  It came out super yummy.  I made these like my usual for my family with flour tortillas.  You can use whatever brand of enchilada sauce you like, just watch for the carb count.  I like to get the green one and mix it with the red one, and if I'm buying name brand, I prefer Old El Paso, but Aldi now carries their own brand and we enjoy it.

Ingredients
1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
8oz Mexican blend cheese
2 10oz cans enchilada sauce (see note above)
16oz thin-sliced deli chicken breast lunch meat (I like to get nitrate-free)

Directions
Mix shredded chicken breasts, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, and 1/2 the enchilada sauce.  Use a small amount of the mixture to roll inside each piece of deli lunch meat and and place in a sprayed 9x13 pan.  Use up all the chicken and cheese mixture to fill up the rest of your deli lunch meat "tortillas."  Pour the rest of the sauce over the top and sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  Let sit 5-10 to cool.

Serve with sour cream if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment