Thursday, April 2, 2009

Golden Macaroni & Cheese

This is a recipe by Southern Living but modified by me. I made it the other night and really enjoyed it. Of course I love macaroni and cheese. So fast and easy! This did get a 5 star rating on the website I found it on.

Ingredients

1 (8oz) package elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked)
2 cups milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
20oz block cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 1/2 cups) and divided*
1 cup soft breadcrumbs (4 slices, crusts removed) (I used whole wheat)

Directions
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.

Place milk, flour, and onion salt in a quart jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute.

Stir together flour mixture, 3 1/2 cups cheese, and macaroni.

Pour macaroni mixture into a sprayed 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Tip: I shredded my cheese and breadcrumbs in my food processor.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is the recipe I found, right?? I love this one!!! Yummy! :o) Of course I'm like you...a mac and cheese lover. :o)

    ReplyDelete