Friday, May 8, 2009

Chuck's favorite mac & cheese

I found this recipe online, and yes it's another macaroni and cheese. I didn't even have my hubby eat this except to taste, and even he said it was pretty good. That's a compliment coming from the man who doesn't care for macaroni and cheese, and for someone who doesn't care for sour cream or cottage cheese. :-) The best word to describe this recipe is "awesome!" I loved this recipe... in fact, I started eating it before I remembered to take a picture because it was so yummy. :-) I did substitute Ritz crackers for the bread crumbs and butter.... I think next time I would either add a little more cheddar cheese on top or add a little melted butter only because the crumbs just sat on top and didn't stick, but it was still delicious!

Ingredients


-->

1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup dry bread crumbs (or Ritz cracker crumbs)
1/4 cup butter, melted Directions


-->

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain.

In 9x13 inch baking dish, stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs (or crackers) and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden.

Comments

We found out this week that our little boy, Daniel has allergies to many foods. :-( He is allergic to eggs, soy, & dairy. So, I know you can find the labels via search engines, so I'm going to start labeling these for those who are looking for recipes free of allergens. Obviously this one isn't soy or dairy free, but it is egg free. I also will be editing some of my posts as I try different brands of things to help my son. I know I'm looking for recipes that he can eat, so I know there are other people out there searching for the same things.
Updated 5/31/09: We took Daniel to the allergist and found out his food allergies aren't as bad as we thought. He is allergic to eggs, peanuts, & soy protein. He can have soybean oil or soy lecithin but not things that contain the soy protein, so instead of re-doing all my recipe labels, I will just update them from now on to his current allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment