Friday, July 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was making a meal for someone at my church who just had a baby, and I wanted to make a dessert, so I looked at what I had on hand and realized I had what I needed to make my Mom's peanut butter cookies. Then I realized I had some chocolate chips, and I could put a spin on her cookies and make them sort of like my Nana's kissy cookies and top them with chocolate chips instead. They were sooooo yummy!!!!

Ingredients
-1/2 cup butter (1 stick softened)
-1/2 cup peanut butter (normally you would use creamy, but I used crunchy b/c I had it on hand)
-1/2 cup sugar, plus about 1/4 cup for rolling
-1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I used light b/c again, I had it on hand)
-1 egg
-1 1/4 cup flour
-3/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-chocolate chips (however many you want, I used about 1 cup)Directions
Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, & brown sugar. Add egg and blend well. Mix together flour, baking powder, & salt, and add to batter and mix well. Put about 1/4 cup sugar into a small bowl. Roll batter into balls and roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet. Mash with fork one way and then perpendicular the other way. Bake at 375 for 5 minutes, remove and top each cookie with a few chocolate chips, put back in oven and continue baking another 5 minutes.

Variations:
-you can just leave off the chocolate chips and don't roll in sugar and have really yummy peanut butter cookies. Bake these at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
-make these into kissy cookies. Use 1 tsp vanilla, 1 3/4 cup flour (instead of 1 1/4), 1 tsp of baking soda (instead of baking powder), and 1 bag of Hershey's kisses instead of chocolate chips. Do not mash cookies with fork. Bake balls at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, remove and press one kiss into each cookie. Bake another 3 minutes. All of these are so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment