Monday, May 14, 2012

Low-Yolk Egg Salad

So I usually avoid eating egg salad while on Weight Watchers because whole eggs plus mayo adds up really fast.  Well, I found this recipe on Skinny Taste, and it is delicious!  I thought I would really miss all the yolks in the eggs, but I didn't.  I also now love the discovery of light mayo!  It's only 1 point for 4 tsp vs 1 point per 1 tsp!  I honestly can't tell the difference, but I know many people don't like light mayo.  I bought Hellmann's because it was on sale, but I've heard different brands taste different.

Ingredients
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled
4 tsp Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp chopped green onions or chives
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Separate the yolk from the egg whites and discard 3 of the yolks.  Chop up eggs and combine with the rest of the ingredients.  I like to use my potato masher to chop up my eggs.  I think it makes it a lot easier than the back of a fork.

WW points: 1/2 of the salad = 2 points!  or 81.2 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment