Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Pie, no sugar added

So I had some friends over and a few of them were diabetic, so I decided to try the Skinny Taste blog PB pie lightened up and make it without sugar.  It was devoured and everyone loved it!  I personally could taste the splenda a little, but I still really enjoyed it.  The originally recipe called for low fat cream cheese, but I'm not a fan of it, so I used full fat.  You can add some sugar free chocolate chips or chocolate syrup on top if you like.  I chose not to because I had someone who can't eat chocolate.

Ingredients
5 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup splenda or confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter (regular or natural)
8oz sugar free whipped topping, thawed (or if sugar is not an issue, I would choose fat free)
graham cracker crust

Directions
Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together in a medium bowl.  Mix in peanut butter and beat until smooth.  Fold in whipped topping.  Spoon into graham cracker crust.  Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2-3 hours but best overnight or all day.  Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving if you desire.

Weight Watcher points: 1/8th of the pie is 6 points using sugar free ingredients.  Or....  if you use sugar and use fat free whipped topping, it's 6 points as well.  Sugar free whipped topping is higher in points than fat free.

No comments:

Post a Comment