Friday, July 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies, Gluten Free

 These are absolutely delicious and highly addicting!  They are a dense cookie that is super easy to make!  I've made them a few times already.  I made them plain for a get together at church and I had many people comment on them and want the recipe.  I made them into kissy cookies the first time I made them for myself at home, and they are absolutely delicious!  I love them with the Hershey's kiss on top and rolled in sugar.  I love that I can eat them since I am not eating gluten/wheat right now.  This doesn't make a huge batch, which is good since I have a hard time keeping from eating them all!

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter (I used natural)
1 cup sugar (+2 Tbsp extra if you are making Kissy Cookies)
1 egg
Hershey's kisses if making Kissy Cookies

Directions
Regular Peanut Butter Cookies: Mix together sugar, egg, and peanut butter well.  Dough is a little crumbly.  I like to use a small ice cream scoop to distribute my dough onto my cookie sheet.  Flatten with a fork, one way and then the opposite way.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Peanut Butter Kissy Cookies: Mix together sugar, egg, and peanut butter well.  Using a small ice cream scoop or 1-2 Tbsp dough each, roll into balls and roll in the extra 2 Tbsp sugar in a small bowl.  Place on cookies sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Gently press a Hershey's kiss into each cookie ball, put back in oven for 3 more minutes.
No sugar added: I have not tried this yet, but I read you can make these with Baking Splenda instead of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment