Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Crustless Spinach Quiche

I made this for church breakfast a couple Sundays ago.  I made it specifically since I can't have gluten and also since a few of my friends are on Adkins.  I found the original recipe online, but I changed it up a bit.  Everyone loved it and my friends asked for the recipe and have made it since.  :-)

Ingredients
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
10oz spinach, roughly chopped (or you can use frozen, thawed and drained)
5 eggs, beaten
2 cups Monterey and Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or use 3 cups of one kind of cheese that you prefer instead the Monterey and Cheddar cheeses)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9" pie plate.  Saute your onion on medium in the oil.  Add the garlic and the fresh spinach and cook until spinach wilts and most liquid evaporates.  Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Pour into prepared pie plate.  Bake 30 minutes.  You can also prepare this the night before, cover and then bake in the morning 35-40 minutes. 

Only 2 net carbs per 1/8th of the pie  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment