Friday, May 15, 2009

Crock-Pot Roast

This is the only way I like pot roast... I don't really know who's recipe it was to start with, but my Nana does it this way, and my mom does it this way, and I've seen the recipe online. I think everyone has a little different twist maybe, and mine is to make it in the crockpot. If you've never eaten it like this, you must! I know people who don't even like roast very much (me being one of them), but they like it like this. I will be posting an amazing rice casserole next that goes awesome with this!

Ingredients
1 whole chuck roast (you can use other pieces of roast if you like, but I enjoy chuck, and I can find some good chuck roast at Sam's)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix (or plain onion soup mix)Directions

Put your roast in the crockpot. I usually add carrots to go around it as well. Potatoes and onions go well around it as well. You can even put it in your crockpot frozen. In a small bowl, combine mushroom soup and onion soup mix. Mix well. If you have a very large roast, you can add 1/2-1 can of water and mix that in as well but it's not necessary. Cover your roast and veggies in this gravy, and turn your crockpot on low, and cook for 7-8 hours on low. Yes, you must do it this long. I once cut a big roast in half and cooked half of it on high for 4 hours and it was a little tough. I did the 2nd half of the roast, same piece of meat, on low for 8 hours, and it was amazingly different! It fell apart, it was so juicy, and you could cut it with a fork. Serve with rice (preferably rice casserole), or mashed potatoes and cover it all with the gravy from the crockpot! Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. From Cindy, "Tried your crockpot roast tonight. It was really good. My family loved it! Thanks for sharing."

    ReplyDelete