Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Pie (No sugar added)


I made this last night for my Pastor and his family. My Pastor and one of his sons is diabetic, so I try to find good no sugar added recipes. Since Thanksgiving is coming up, and since my Pastor said he loves pumpkin pie, I set out to find a good no sugar added recipe. I found this on some random website message board. I could slightly taste the splenda but really not much at all, and it was a big hit with everyone!

Ingredients
-3/4 cup splenda
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice OR 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger with a light dash of nutmeg
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-2 large eggs
-15oz can pumpkin
-12oz can evaporated milk
-9" uncooked deep-dish pie shellDirections
MIX splenda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and splenda-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

If you like this, try one of my other no sugar added desserts (see label to the right).

If you want a regular pumpkin pie with sugar try Perfect Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment