Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup

So I went to go make my other Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe the other day and realized I didn't have a can of diced tomatoes with chilies, so I had to improvise. I love the way this soup came out, and I called it "creamy" because it's thick and creamy. My other recipe is spicy and this one is not, so you can enjoy this one if you don't like spicy foods. I have been enjoying a cup of this with my chicken wrap for lunch almost every day, and I love it! I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
6 cups chicken broth
2 lb bags of frozen broccoli florets
cooking spray
1 small onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
10oz reduced fat velvetta cheese, cubed
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup water

Directions
Spray large stock pot with cooking spray and sautee your onion for a few minutes until tender. Add chicken broth, broccoli, garlic, and salt. Bring a boil and then cook on medium for 15-20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 cup water until completely blended. Add cornstarch mix and cubed cheese to soup. Bring to a low boil and then reduce immediately to a simmer. Stir constantly until all cheese is melted and soup thickens.

WW points: 1.5 points per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment