Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing

I was looking for a light, sweet dressing I could put on my spinach salad I made the other day. I modifed this dressing a little bit by using dried onion instead of fresh due to what I had on hand. I also ended up adding splenda to it because I felt it wasn't sweet enough. The end result was very yummy. I made my salad with baby spinach, sliced strawberries and blueberries, and it is delicious!

Ingredients
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup splenda
1 small onion, finely chopped OR 4 Tbsp dried minced onion
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp canola oil
4 tsp mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Store dressing in refrigerator.

WW points/Calories: 2 Tbsp is only 1 WW point or 56 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment