Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Healthy Deep Dish Cookie Pie



 So I recently discovered this chocolate-covered Katie's blog. She makes healthy desserts and actually was recently on tv with this featured recipe. Her picture absolutely sold me on this dessert. I've been keeping up with the comments on this, and they have been almost all positive. I was very skeptical actually of this recipe, but I really wanted to try it based on her delicious looking picture. :-) Plus the fact that this was the recipe featured on tv and got such positive reactions. I was very pleasantly surprised by the outcome and plan to make it again in the future.  You can half the recipe and put it in a pie plate, but I found it to be more gooey if you do it in a spring form pan with the full recipe.  It depends on how gooey you like it.  I love cookie dough, and I love gooey. 

Ingredients

2 cans garbonzo beans (chick peas) or other white beans, drained and rinsed very well (stay with me here! You can't even taste the beans if you do it right.)

1 cup quick oats

1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

3 Tbsp canola oil (or softened light margarine/smart balance)

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate)

Directions

Blend everything (except the chocolate chips) together in a food processor (NOT a blender!). Mix in chips and pour into an oiled pan. (She suggested a 10" springform pan, and I used a pie plate for 1/2 the recipe.) Cook on 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from pan. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat as needed.

WW points: if you use light margarine/light smart balance instead of canola oil, and half the pie, 1/8th of the pie is only 3 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment