Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

I had a chicken pot pie with biscuit topping a couple weeks ago at a shower and it was yummy. I have had plenty of pot pies that I did not care for, but I enjoyed this one, wrote down the recipe from the lady who made it, and then I lost the recipe. :-P So, I researched online, found a few different recipes and made my own version. I really liked it and so did my family. My 7 year old ate 3 helpings and my 18 month old ate 2 helpings! My husband said it was a keeper and to make it again. :-) You can use whatever 3 cans of vegetables you want or even frozen veggies, thawed out, but these were the veggies I wanted and would definitely use them again.

Ingredients
1 lb chicken breasts, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
cooking spray
1 can diced potatoes, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can peas and carrots, drained
2 cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup (or make your own with no artificial ingredients or wheat, gluten or soy)
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups Bisquick (see bottom for Gluten/Wheat free recipe)
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
2 eggs (or just use a little extra milk for egg-free)
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and onion and sautee on medium until chicken is cooked through. Add all your veggies, soup, chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and then pour into 9x13 casserole dish. Mix together bisquick, milk, and egg in medium bowl. Pour evenly over top of chicken mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

WW points: 1/6 of the casserole is only 8.5 points!

Gluten/Wheat Free: 7/20/12: made this last night with Gluten Free Bisquick.  Make sure you use the "make your own" cream of chicken soup which has no gluten or wheat.  Also, I found with the GF Bisquick you have to add more liquid, so reduce your Bisquick to 1 1/2 cups and bump up your milk to 1 1/2 cups.  I also found I had to bake it a little longer.  Turned out great and super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment