Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken

I found this on Gina's Skinny Taste website, a Weight Watcher food friendly blog. I really enjoyed this. Serve over rice and top it with cheese and sour cream, chopped green onions, or cilantro. I felt it had too much liquid when I was done, so next time I could cut back on the chicken broth. I also cut the cayenne pepper in half and it still had quite a bite to it.

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
1 can black beans, drained
8oz frozen corn, or 1 can drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (and more if you want to top it)
1 can chicken broth (I would cut back on this next time or leave it out)
3 scallions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
salt to taste

Directions
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in the crockpot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker and stir in.

WW points: 1 cup is 3 points, 190 calories, 1.5g fat, 5.6g fiber, 23.1g carbs, 21g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment